Properties of Granite Kitchen and Bathroom Worktops
Granite is a natural rock and is subject to colour and texture variation - this is what makes them unique!
Granite is an igneous rock formed from cooling magma. Granite is quarried throughout the world, with colors and patterns that indicate the region and the geological conditions that created it. Each granite slab is unique, with random and inconsistent patterns providing such a beautiful and classic appearance.
- Granite is tough - one of the hardest materials known and far harder than marble
- Granite has a glassy finish when polished which is very durable and will last for many years
- Granite is waterproof
- Granite is highly scratch resistant
- Granite is heat resistant
- Granite keeps its colour
- Granite wipes clean easily
Making granite very attractive, practical and hygienic (it is easily sterilised) - an ideal choice for worktops, countertops and island kitchen settings and also ideal in bathrooms. We have set up a Granite Kitchen and Bathroom Worktop Care and Maintenance page to help our customers.